Tuesday, July 16, 2013

I Dare you...

During one of Hayes's feedings I was looking at Pinterest to pass the time (um, please tell me I'm not the only guilty one) I came across this Plank Challenge. I was up to a 2 min plank in my pilates mat class; but with a beach trip to Rosemary beach coming up in August I thought this is one challenge I must take. I even challenged our family to a fun healthy plank competition once we arrive :). I have pasted the challenge below. I'm currently at 3 minutes, and I must say it does get easier. I never would have thought I could do 3 minutes. The worst part is just passing the time, hence I try to find an upbeat song that helps me not think about the time. The plank challenge is below:


Some have asked what my current workout regime is to get back into shape. I have been doing 6-7 days a week at the gym. Yes, you read that correctly. It's not easy getting your body back into shape. Although I'm only about 4-5 lbs away from my goal weight my stomach still isn't as tight or my hips as small as pre baby. I know that maybe just the way it will be from here on out, however I'm not ready to accept that just yet :). I do 2 reformer classes a week and then one Pilates mat class. The other 3-4 days I run. I try to always run at least 12-15 miles a week.I promise to post an updated pic but I am waiting until 6 months, as that really was my goal to get back to my pre pregnancy shape. 

 I haven't been as focused on eating since I'm still breastfeeding. However, those of you who know me, know that I really never have been a bad eater. I am ready to quit breastfeeding if only Bear would take a bottle again. Ugh! He was fine when he was little but I must admit we laid off the bottles because it was easier for me to just feed him. I have already tried 2 different bottles and have another one arriving from Amazon on Wed! My MIL arrives on Wed, so I'm going to recruit her to help me get Bear to take the bottle. I have heard that you should try the bottle for their first feeding and only offer the bottle. They will learn to take the bottle because they are starving. Some have said it takes a couple hours others have said a couple of days. But I welcome any advice you mommies out there may have. We started introducing food as a snack last week and the little man is loving it. Here are a few pictures of Bear enjoying food:



I thought I had one with his face covered in mango, but I guess I don't! I'm loving every minute with him as he just gets more and more fun each day!!

Have a good week, and take the Plank Challenge :)!

JNK

No comments:

Post a Comment