Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Devoted to My Devotional..

I have always been one that sets out to make time for God daily, but somehow I end up pushing that aside and end up spending my 15-20 minutes reading blogs, catching up with friends, or watching TV. I made a resolution this year to spend at least 15 min a day doing a devotional. I follow a few blogs and kept hearing about Sarah Young's, Jesus Calling, devotional. I must admit I was a bit delayed in conquering my New Years Resolution, as my mom purchased the devotional for me for part of my Valentines Day Gift.

As I am about 2 months in,I can say that this is by far the best devotional I have done. More importantly, I have been able to stick to my NY Resolution. I feel so much better after spending that time with God, and it's just like the gym, when you put in the time you get so much more out of it. 

I highly recommend this devotional for any woman at any stage in her life. I make notes in mine on a daily basis and it has forced me to really pick up my bible on a daily basis, and focus on becoming a better Wife, Mother, Friend, Christian, and Servant of God.

I like to purchase my books through Church bookstores, therefore my mom picked up my copy at her church Lovers Lane Methodist. However, I have inserted the link below for you to check out the book and hopefully purchase if you aren't in the Dallas area to swing by Lovers Lane or if  you don't have a bookstore inside your Church.

Jesus Calling


We had a crazy snow storm last night, so I'm hoping this is the last of our snow and we can finally look forward to Spring!!!

Happy Hump Day!
Cheers!
JNK

No comments:

Post a Comment