Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Slow down

It has been a crazy last week and a half as we have adjusted to work and school life. It has been a blessing to have Greg here this week working from home. I have been a bit delayed in blog posts but had this Sarah Young passage marked as one I wanted to share. I also figured what better way to start off this hump day than with SA devotional. This one really hit home because it always seems like we are rushing around which leads to frustration or a feeling of overwhelmed. 

This passage is from July 31:

Trust me in the depths of your being. It is there that I live in constant communion with you. When you feel flustered and frazzled in the outside,do not get upset with yourself. You are only human,and the swirl of events going on all around you will sometimes feel overwhelming. Rather than scolding yourself for your humanness , remind yourself that I am both with you and within you.

I am with you at all times, encouraging and supportive rather than condemning. I know that deep within you, where I live,My Peace is your continual experience. Slow down your pace of living for a time. Quiet your mind in My Presence. Then you will be able to hear Me bestowing the resurrection blessing:Peace be with you.

To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you,the hope of glory.
Colossians 1:27


Take time today to slow down your pace and rejoice in his offering of Peace!! Happy Hump Day!!

JNK 

No comments:

Post a Comment