Friday, June 21, 2013

Homecoming


Yeah for Friday!! This week has me whipped! We have had so much on our plate that I'm physically and emotionally exhausted! We have had this date circled on the calendar for awhile because we get to pick up Rex today after being away from him for 7 weeks! 

We have had 2 appointments this week to learn all the training and he is doing so much better! However, Greg and I have been studying the rules and commands. The training is definitely not easy as there is lots to learn, but it will be nice having a well behaved dog in the house. I'm nervous to bring him home but also very excited! He has to stay off furniture for first 30 days and no sleeping in our bed. I think he is definitely going to test his boundaries with Greg and I. We have a follow up appointment in one week and then again in 30 days. The one thing that's nice about this program is that they have social outings every week, that allows you and your dog to go as a group with other graduates to the local parks and get them used to people and public areas. We can already tell a huge difference in him. He still has corrections but it was amazing to see him on the sidewalk of a busy street with people walking by in a down stay without a leash on. 

This weekend is going to be a little crazy with Rex being home and the plans we have. I'm trying to convince Greg to attend a Pilates class with me on Saturday. Bear is growing up so fast, and is just giggling up a storm these days we are having a blast!!!  Here are a few pics:
Fell asleep while I was changing!

Making faces with Mommy!
What are you doing Mommy!

In his doggie onesie this am in preparation for us taking Rex home! 



Have a great weekend!

Cheers!

JNK 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment