Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Back to Reality

We arrived back in Michigan on Sunday evening, and came back to beautiful weather in the 70's! I love packing for vacation but my least favorite thing is unpacking! UGH, I'm still doing laundry from our trip. Bear had a great visit and we loved spending time with all of our family and friends. It was so hard to leave everyone. I had to fight back tears when I was hugging my mom and dad. I was also spoiled with the many sets of hands eager to hold Bear, which was soo nice!

Although we were there for almost two weeks, it still felt like I didn't have enough time to spend with everyone or see everyone. Since we recently sold our Dallas house we were dealing with that, closing accounts, running errands, etc.  When I left for Dallas, Bear was 8 weeks and when we returned he was  10 weeks. In those short two weeks I feel like he has changed so much!! He is just soaking everything in and giggling which melts my heart. We had our first roll over at my sister's house last Friday which was so awesome! I loved that Greg was there to witness it as well.

The Ergo Carrier was a life saver through the airport, he did amazing in it! We did end up buying a BOB stroller down there, even though I swore I would never own two strollers. The Uppa Baby is an amazing stroller, but I do love how lightweight the Bob is. Greg and I have already enjoyed taking him for runs and walks around the neighborhood. If my sister, Jodi is reading this right now, I know she is smiling saying, "I told you so". She tried to convince me to just get the Bob, but at the time, I thought it was too bulky and hard to steer. I also learned a valuable lesson in that I packed WAY too much for Bear. I now know that I will pack way less and do laundry when we go to the beach in August.

One of the main reasons for our visit was to get Bear baptized, which we did on Sunday, June 2nd. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful held in the Garden at Lovers Lane Methodist. I will post pictures as soon as Greg has time to upload them from his camera :)!

This week is flying by for us, probably because I feel like I have a ton of stuff to do i.e. house cleaning, laundry, errands, and father's day gifts! We did buy Greg some golf clubs down in Dallas for Father's Day, but I want to pick a few more things since it's his very first Father's day. Not sure if you follow Peppermint Bliss, but Bailey has some really cute things on her site Biscuit. I've put a few in my shopping cart for my Dad and Greg. Although, I'm debating just going to Lululemon for them both, that's usually a hit!

I hope everyone is off to a great week, the weather here is AMAZING!!! Here are a few pics from our trip to Dallas:

 Family photo op! Greg flew right from Istanbul to Dallas, so he had a long flight but was soo excited to see Bear!
 My Mom aka Nana is amazing with kids and Bear just loved hanging out with her. She has so many great tricks and songs, that we definitely will be putting to use.
 My sister finally got to meet Bear, and Coop loved spending time with his cousin. He was such a good helper with Bear. I can't wait when we go to the beach to see these two together again!
 This is right before his second roll over. I don't think he wanted his picture taken :).
 Bear is smiling like crazy, and I think he loved being in the Lone Star State. He is like his momma :).
We are having so much fun right now playing, I just love watching him grow up!!


Happy Hump Day!

JNK

No comments:

Post a Comment