Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Stop Stalking Me!

Why is it that whenever you are on a budget or a diet, everything that you are trying to avoid keeps coming front and center??? Right now I'm on a budget meaning I really do not need to be shopping, as I'm not back into my old size and we have been spending soo much lately,that it's time to scale back. However, when I'm trying not to shop is when of course every brand/retailer that I love is having a sale, ugh!

I mean just this past week my inbox was flooded with friends and family for Theory and Saks. And then we have extra % of sale at Scoop, J Crew is 25% off, Cusp had a sale going on, even Bobbi Brown was doing a % off. Normally, I would have said out with the budget this is a sign and this girl needs retail therapy. However, I now have a CFO (aka my hubby) who sees everything that I purchase on the credit card which has paid dividends in me not going off the budget :). So my new form of retail therapy when I shouldn't be spending is what I call cart therapy. That's right, I'm a retailer's nightmare. I know this because I worked in a buying office and we always report on items left in cart, well that's me! 

Last night, I was up at 3am feeding Bear and started adding my wish list to my cart at Saks. I had one heck of a shopping cart and then just as I had felt fulfilled from my cart therapy I closed out of the page :)! I guess you could compare it to being on a diet and purchasing some of that dessert flavored gum instead of indulging in the dessert. You still get the same pay off but without the recourse!


Seriously, do you ever feel like sometimes you are just being tested? How much will power do you have? Well, I'm sticking to the no shopping policy, however I do have to make a run to Target tomorrow, YIKES! Target is like having a person on a diet work at Sprinkles Cupcakes for a day! But, I know I will prevail. I have Bear with me, so that keeps me on a mission so I can get in and out in no time! I did want to quickly browse the Kate Young section, however I have heard mixed reviews on her selection for Target.

If you however are not a budget, you should definitely check out J Crew, they  have an extra 25% and Saks Friends and Family :)! 

Bear and I did our morning errands this am only to realize we are back in 3o degree weather with snow flurries, YIKES!

The one person who has been getting new clothes is Bear of course. Here he is this am sporting his new cargo pants and stripes, boy is definitely on trend :)!

Happy Hump Day!!!

JNK

No comments:

Post a Comment