Friday, April 19, 2013

The Word!

This has been such a horrible week for our great country. From the bombing on Monday to the horrific blast yesterday and now the manhunt underway for this bomber.  God always knows when to reach us, it's almost amazing isn't it? We have those rough weeks, hard days, sometimes we are at our breaking point and then God's grace shines through in the darkest of dark nights. I opened up my devotional this am to read a very appropriate message and thought I should share it on the blog today. It is even more ironic that I thought today was April 20th, and therefore I feel God really wanted me to read this message on the wrong day :). Like I said we serve an awesome God, who knows just when we need a little extra guidance.

The excerpt is from ,"Jesus Calling", by Sarah Young:

April 20th reads:
DO NOT BE AFRAID, for I am with you. Hear me saying,"Peace, be still," to your restless heart. No matter what happens, I will never leave you or forsake you. Let this assurance soak into your mind and heart until you overflow with Joy. Though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, you need not fear!

The media relentlessly proclaim bad news: for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. A steady diet of their fare will sicken you. Instead of focusing on fickle, ever changing news broadcasts, tune in to the living Word-the One who is always the same. Let Scripture saturate your mind and heart, and you will walk steadily along the path of Life. Even though you don't know what will happen tomorrow, you can be absolutely sure of your ultimate destination. I hold you by your right hand, and afterward I will take you into Glory.

Then he arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, "Peace be still!" And the wind ceased and there was a great calm.
Mark 4:39

I hope you enjoyed this devotional as much as I did. Today, I'm doing just what the devotional says focusing on God! Praying for all of these victims and law enforcement officials who risk their lives daily to protect us. I hope in the midst of all this tragedy we can focus on the overwhelming courage and bravery that our fellow citizens display in times of tragedy. 

On a lighter note, today is Bear's four week birthday! He has spent the morning resting on his Poppy's chest and giving mom a much needed hour plus to shower, get ready etc! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend with your loved ones!

JNK

No comments:

Post a Comment