Friday, April 12, 2013

Week 1- Check

Week 1 of being along is coming to an end, and Bear turns 3 weeks this evening at 8:26 :). We made it thru, not gonna lie this am and yesterday definitely put me to the test. I was stalking Greg, and poor guy has so much going on at work, and didn't get home until after 7. But, I was proud of myself, gave Bear a bath all by myself, and rocked that little man till we couldn't rock anymore to sleep! He slept his first 5 hour stint, it was from 6-11, but hey I'll take it. The bath is one of his favorite times, and he usually gives us a good sleep after bathtime. (knocking on wood as I type). This past week when my GF Mallory and I were chatting, we were saying how good our kiddos were doing and then, bam the next day it back fired in our faces. Lesson learned, do not brag or say how good they are doing, for the next day they will keep you on your toes. My mom did warn me, just when you think you begin to predict them, bam they hit you with a curve ball!

We made it through, and the weather here has been miserable, cold and rainy all week. But, the sun is suppose to be out this afternoon, so I plan to get this little man out of this house! I might be going crazy, because I did start a part time consultant gig for a retailer this week, yep you read that right... I know what was I thinking.. However, I have been able to dedicate about 2 hours of my time a day, and it has been nice to use that side of my brain again. However, I've already decided the minute I think it's too much or I'm just merely exhausted, I'm throwing in the towel! I have been good about trying to not do too much around the house while he sleeps, and try and get some rest in myself. I make sure I lie down every afternoon, even if it's only for 30 minutes. House chores, and laundry in the am, along with my project, and then the afternoon the bear and I both get a nap!!


I am excited about this weekend, as Greg and I are taking Bear to the mall and plan to get outside some!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend, here is a pic of Bear after our trip to Target this am. Shopping wears this boy out!


No comments:

Post a Comment