Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Another milestone

We are hitting another milestone in our house today, as Greg turns the big 35! It felt like just yesterday in which we were celebrating his 30th bday, in which I had 30 presents for him to open.  Tonight will be a very low key night since we have little Bear. I just returned from a trip to Whole Foods, to pick up some ingredients for his bday dinner. I always stress when cooking a more special dinner for Greg, as he is the chef in the family. It's so intimidating to cook for someone who a.) is a great cook and b.) picky :). Me cooking usually ends up with Greg trying to give me pointers in the kitchen, usually in which I get annoyed and frustrated and tell him to finish :). However, tonight I am determined to start and complete majority of the meal myself.

Greg wanted a rib eye which is intimidating in itself because I don't eat red meat. EEK! So I've been reading how to cook a rib eye.. This is one dish I may just have him "help" on because I do not want to screw up the birthday boy's steak. As side dishes I am going to do some butternut squash and brussel sprouts. He said homemade mac n cheese would be nice, and I said yes it would, but I dont think I have time to prep and complete that dish, in addition we both are wanting to get a little leaner. Therefore, Mac N Cheese doesn't need to grace our house.  I picked up a little cake a Whole Foods, so Bear and I can sing to Daddy tonight :)

Another milestone is I got cleared to go back to all normal activity, thank goodness!!! I am so lucky because we go to a great club and they allow babies from 6-12 weeks Mon-Fri from 1-3, you just have to make an appointment. So, Bear and I are tackling the gym today, it will be his first time in the nursery. I am ready to get back to a routine, as I always feel better after a workout.

I will report tomorrow on how the dinner goes tonight. I did pick up a nice bottle of wine, so I'm just going to make sure Greg indulges in some wine that way if the dinner goes array then he won't care :)!

On a side note, have you guys looked at any of the MET pictures? I loved Jessica Alba's look, she looked amazing. In fact, I thought all of Brad Goreski's clients looked MAJ as his nemesis would state. One look who definitely was worst dressed was Kim Kardishian. I swear, she is like Jessica Simpson was on her first baby. I feel bad for saying this, but she looks huge, and wearing body con dresses does not help her at all. I just wish she would start dressing like a pregnant lady. Kourtney always dressed so cute when she was pregnant so I hope as the older sister she would give Kim a few pointers.

Have a great day today!

JNK

No comments:

Post a Comment