Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Target Challenge

Ok, I've been caught red handed.... Greg was going over our spending last month and said what on earth are you buying at Target weekly that each Target visit is at least $100. OOPS! I tried to rationalize with him, but wasn't working :).

I am totally guilty of going in with just diapers and some cleaning supplies on my list and walking out with a whole lot more than I came in for. Right now I love their Threshold line, especially the frames. They keep running % off on their threshold and Nate Berkus frames. I love buying frames because I have this handsome little boy and a husband who is gifted in photography so I want pictures of this little man all around. The problem is I have no space for frames and some are still in a bag :(. And Greg caught me in another bad habit as he asked why we have two full things of detergent in the laundry room :(. Well, I am guilty of that too. I was in Target and they were doing their $2.00 the large Method laundry detergent and I figured hey a sale, I think I maybe low on the other one so I'll just get it. Come home to only find we pretty much have a full one already :(. If you haven't tried the method detergent you should!! I love the packaging (I'm a marketer's dream in that I fall for that) and the detergent is great too! So yes, I go in there and end up sometimes buying duplicates of an item I already have at home. I did it again with their Caldrea soap, because they were running a sale on that a few weeks ago.

I try to be diligent with going in with a list, but I fall for their traps every time! I mean they put their Essie nail polish right in front and those new colors seem to catch my eye :(, so I figure oh what the heck! My other issue is I usually go when Bear is asleep or falling asleep so I tend to linger in their longer which leads to more items falling into my basket. 

So, I have promised Greg that I'm going to take on my Target Challenge. This challenge consists of making a list and truly going in there for only what's on my list. That's right, not one item more, even if it's from the $1 spot. He challenged me with maybe not go to Target, but that's just not an option :). I know I'm not the only one who can't get out of Target for under $100. In fact I am pretty sure most of my girlfriends are in the same boat :)!

Do you dare to take the Target challenge with me??

I am so excited as I have my first Pilates reformer class today since I was 12 weeks pregnant!! I am sure I'm going to be super sore, but so excited to get back into Pilates, I missed it while I was pregnant!



Cheers!
JNK

No comments:

Post a Comment