Monday, May 13, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, and all the Mothers out there enjoyed their special day!! I had a I wonderful weekend, and a great first Mother's day. On Saturday, I got out of the house for a bit and attended the Nordstrom beauty event with my friend Melissa. It was quite the experience to say the least. Those events are always good people watching for sure :). We strolled around the mall a bit, and I picked up a dress for Bear's baptism which is coming up in a few weeks when we are in Dallas. If you haven't been yet, Neiman's is having their first call sale, and has some great deals on dresses. I couldn't believe the deal I got on the dress for his baptism. Lulu was another place having a sale and I picked up a few things from there :)!!

Sunday the plan was to attend church, but H  man's feeding schedule for the day just happened to correspond with the church services so we ended up not going :(. Greg and I both have agreed that we have to get back in our routine of going to Church, we feel so much better when we go. Like we have both said it's a lot like going to the gym. You need that extra time for fellowship and time with God for your overall well being, and it always makes for a better week. Greg went to the grocery store, which that in itself is a great mother's day gift :). I got to just hang around the house while Bear slept. He made a great meal of Fajitas, since I have a love affair for Mexican food and there really is no place up here in Michigan that has decent Mexican food.  I had already received my mother's day gifts as we just lumped birthday and Mother's day into one, but Greg and Bear surprised me with a few other gifts. I like any woman, love fresh flowers in the house. So it was so nice to wake up to nice fresh flowers on the kitchen island :).

It was a wonderful weekend, besides that the weather has turned her again and we are back in the thirties, which to me is unheard of considering we are in the middle of May!! I am officially a week and a half away from our trip to Texas, and I am so excited!! Bear and I did a little Facetime with his Aunt JoJo and Cousin Coop, and that just made me even more excited for them to meet him in person!! I am getting a little anxious though, because Bear is not a big fan of the carrier and I'm not going to take the stroller, because my sister and mom have everything down there. We have been working on the carrier a little bit each day, but I might be that mom with the screaming baby :).

On a side note, I have been wanting a pair of casual cute sneaks to run around in, and I don't feel like I'm quite "cool" enough to pull of chucks aka converse. I found these Kate Spade pointed toe sneakers yesterday and I feel like these are more my style :):

Kate Spade Pointed Toe Sneaker

I love the stripe, but the solid hot pink is definitely tempting :). What do you think?



We took a few pics yesterday on Mother's Day and captures one of Bear's smiles :), talk about the best Mother's Day gift EVER!! He is just started to do more of his reactive smiles, and I'm loving every minute of his cooing,laughing, and smiling :)




Have a great week!!!

JNK

No comments:

Post a Comment