Monday, March 4, 2013

Countdown to Baby K!! 3-23-13

I can't believe our birth month is FINALLY here!! I have felt like this pregnancy has flown by, but I'm sure these last couple of weeks will be SLOW!! I am soo excited to meet this little one, and after having our crib delayed 3x from Restoration Hardware it was finally delivered on Friday.. Therefore, I feel like we are officially ready..(chuckling.. are you ever really ready??? ) I have the baby bag packed and ready to go and this week, I'm playing with all of our gadgets, strollers, vibrating baby chairs etc, and the breast pump.. Just want to make sure I know how to use these items or at least pretend like I know what I'm doing :).

I have been truly blessed with an easy pregnancy.. I have been able to workout thru my entire pregnancy, and was running 12-15 miles a week up until 34 1/2 weeks. Once I almost hit 35 weeks, I had to start walking, but I'm still keeping up with my goal of 12-15 miles a week. The hardest part for me has just been the changes in your body. For me at least, I thought hey I'm eating healthy and working out I wont' gain that much weight.. In my head I was thinking at most 25 lbs...  HA, was I wrong... I know it's all for the baby which I'm fine with, but let me tell you it's never easy to go to the doctor and get on that scale especially when you have watched what you have eaten....

Like I said, I can't wait to meet our little one and touch their little toes and fingers and rock them in my arms! I am also soo excited to see my husband be a daddy.. He is so excited, and watching him take an active role from the nursery decor to researching projects, lets me know how truly blessed I am to have such a wonderful partner :)!

I have documented some pictures of my pregnancy and have posted them below :

Here I am at 4 weeks, we found out this week that we were pregnant!!
 This is just at 13 weeks, and at the beach.. Right after we announced our pregnancy via social media.


20 Weeks and soo excited because I finally had a BUMP!!
29 Weeks, and definitely feeling pregnant  :)

32 weeks and at the shower.. The consensus at the shower is that I'm having a boy.. We shall see :)
 My dear friend Kate and I
My dear friend Linz and I

FINALLY, the 37 week picture.. I thought about not posting this pic as I have finally started to have swelling in my calves which is no fun.. The worst part is I can't wear any of my boots that zip up and it's freezing up here!!! But it's only fair to post the pics when you are feeling large and in charge :)



There are some little glimpses of the nursery :).. My husband didn't want to paint or wallpaper as we are just renting this townhouse but now that we are done, he agrees with me that we should do something.. Neither one of us are fond of white walls.. The last item we need to put up are the curtains and overhead light fixture, but we are waiting to put those last details up until we know the gender :)..

My husband had to get a new fancy camera to snap shots of our little one, and of course Rex (our dog) and I have been his "subjects" until our little one arrives.. Here are some of the shots he's taken:






Like I said, I can't wait to meet this little one.. Off to the gym to get my daily walks in.. We have a little family wager on the sex of the baby and the due date.. I have guessed 3/21 and a BOY.. Hoping this little baby wants to cooperate with his/her mama :)!!

Cheers!!

JNK

No comments:

Post a Comment