Monday, March 11, 2013

Family Traditions....

I love traditions... Perhaps it's because I'm a creature of habit.. I love routines and schedules and knowing what to expect  :).

Having said that I grew up in a family, where we had lots of traditions. Some of my favorites were; I woke up every holiday to a basket filled of holiday goodies depending on the holiday. Every Christmas day we indulged in a Mexican feast, and every Easter there was a very competitive Easter Egg Hunt with my sister. One of my other favorites was our Sunday Night dinners. We were always busy during the week with soccer, basketball, or volleyball practice and the weekends were filled with tournaments and games. However, Sunday was set aside for a nice meal.

Greg and I have incorporated some of these family traditions into our daily routine. For example, our Christmas dinner is now a mexican feast with an added game of Mexican Train. The other tradition we have incorporated is our Sunday Dinners. I must admit I'm not the best cook, I mean my speciality is salad :)! However, I have taken on a challenge of cooking nightly dinners and not allowing recipes to scare me. However, Sunday nights are our nights to cook a nice dinner together. Greg and I usually plan to do it together, but he starts not following the recipes, so I end up chatting with him on the barstool while he cooks away :).

This past Sunday we had a great meal of cod (plan was salmon but the Cod was on sale at Whole Foods, and guy swore it was a good piece of fish) and veggie medley finished off with the fat free brownies that I made :).

The cod was ok, I was persuaded by the fish man to purchasing a dry rub for the fish and it was a little too salty for our liking.. So of course the one thing I was responsible for turned out bad, but the veggie medley was amazing that Greg made!

Here is a pic from last night's dinner:

Another pic of Greg's veggie medley:



We can't wait to meet this little one so we can start building more traditions with our little family..  I hope everyone had a great weekend and is adjusting to this new time change... I was so excited to wake up this am to start a new week. This weekend wasn't the best in that I dropped my i phone in ice on Friday of course it required getting a new I phone. Then on Saturday we had a false alarm with Baby K, so a rush of emotions in our house took place on Saturday. Having said that, I welcomed the dark sky this am, as I drove to the gym. A new week brings on new joys and challenges!

Cheers!
JNK

No comments:

Post a Comment