Friday, March 22, 2013

FRIDAY FINDS! - Orange Monkey



I am blessed to have girlfriends with so many talents, it never ceases to amaze me. Today I'm excited to feature one of my dear friends Marcie on The Julep. Marcie and I met while working at the corporate office for Fossil.  She has created so many great items that I am excited to share them with you. She is in the process of creating her Etsy Shop, Orange Monkey, and it should be up in the next week or two. Her logo is below:


She has two little ones of her own so making baby/kid related items as turned into a hobby for her that she definitely excels in. For my shower she asked me to send her pictures of my  nursery and she did a good job at stalking my pinterest board to create one of my favorite shower gifts. She made these beautiful neutral burp clothes, which I feel anything neutral is sometimes hard to be cute :). She also created this great bin that sits on our antique bookshelf in the nursery that houses the little toys for our little one. Here are some pictures of the burp clothes and bin that she created for us. As soon as I opened the gift everyone at the shower was oohing and awing over her masterpiece and asking where she got it. She simply replied I made it, and that's when I knew my dear friend needed to create a shop of her own :)!! 






In addition to custom burp clothes and bins she has created some wonderful other items. She can do 3 different sizes of paper covered bins, burp clothes, bibs, sock monkeys, fabric drawstring favor bags and mobiles. I have posted some of her pictures below:


Here is a pic of her adorable fabric mobile that she created. Again, she can match anything back to your nursery or your friend's nursery colors. You can also notice the adorable sock monkey that she created on the crib as well.

 Another adorable picture of a sock monkey that she created. I was on the phone with her last night and she is amazing to work with. She was out hunting for the perfect sock for our little sock monkey. Her custom work is great for nurseries or birthday gifts because she can truly create something that goes with the theme or colorway.
This is the perfect gift for baby showers. She can do a color theme throughout the bin, and it's nice because as many of you know, you can't have enough storage in the nursery. But in talking with Marcie the bin is not just geared to baby showers. I think this would be a great present for  a housewarming gift filled with supplies, birthday party filled with a gift, or as we have graduation parties what a great way to pack college essentials in a bin that is decorated in their college color ways. And as many of us know girls who rush what a great gift to get her a bin decorated in her sorority colors :)
 I love this round shape on the bin, and you can see that this would be so cute in a little boy's room or nursery as well. There are some of the goody bags that she made for her son Max's bday.
 I love these animals that she created here!
 She did this adorable border for her son Max's birthday, like I said she is not limited to just bins and sock monkeys. She can create anything :)!
A girl themed gift basket, I loved the paisley paper she used on this bin!

As you can see my dear friend Marcie has a true talent!! If you wish to order or inquire more for pricing please email her at marcieamiller@gmail.com. Be on the lookout for her shop Orange Monkey to be up on Etsy in the next coming week or two! I know for the next baby shower I have I will be looking to order one of her adorable tins complete with burp clothes and bibs! 

Here is an adorable picture of her and her little girl Ella:

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

JNK

No comments:

Post a Comment