Sunday, March 17, 2013

Top O' The Mornin To Ya'

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!! I hope everyone had fun at all the festivities yesterday that were going on all over the country!! I loved ( envied/hated) everyone who kept posting pics saying how great the weather was where they were and I did notice how everyone was in shorts and short sleeves!

I have always loved celebrating St. Patrick's Day.. My dad always woke us up to The Chieftain's blaring throughout the house on this special day as we celebrate our Irish heritage. My parents always hosted a St. Patrick's Day party in which my mom would make the traditional Irish foods, that I personally did not have any interest in trying :).. I was lucky to meet a man who also celebrated St. Patrick's Day in a BIG WAY.. In Dallas, when I met Greg he owned a house on the M streets which is in walking distance to the famous Greenville Avenue so we would always host a big party there for our family and friends..

About five years ago, this holiday became even more special as our Little Welsh Terrier, Rex was born.. I didn't receive him till my birthday in May but our little man was brought into this world on this special day. He has brought more joy, frustration, laughter, and fun into our lives.. Greg was hoping our little one would make their special appearance on this day, but doesn't look like that will happen.. But then again it is still very early!

Happy 5th Bday Rex!!











May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of St. Patrick behold you.
-Irish Blessing

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
JNK

No comments:

Post a Comment