Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Wednesday Wants- Men's Edition

I admit it, I love shopping for men's clothes.... I have so much fun going shopping with Greg and updating his wardrobe.. Maybe it's because men are just easier to shop with and for then women :).  It has been especially fun in the past couple of years as my hubby as gotten more into his "look"  :). He has become an avid fan of some of my favorite men's designers: Billy Reid, Theory, Zachary Prell, and John Varvatos to name a few..

Men's trends for Spring easily coexist with the same trends we are seeing for Women.  The colored bottoms are huge in menswear, and we are even seeing floral bottoms. I know Greg won't touch a pair of floral bottoms, it's even hard to get him in colored bottoms... 

Here are a few of my must have's for men this Spring:

Like I said Billy Reid is a favorite in this family, he is an american designer and his fits are hard to beat. The other nice thing about Billy Reid is he designs for the everyday man, meaning his button downs are easy to wear to work and then again on Saturday for a casual outing.. Greg prefers the slim cut fit in Billy Reid, but he also has a standard cut. 


Chambray shirts are a must have for the man this Spring, and I love this Monogram Oxford from Billy Reid:

Billy Reid Monogram Oxford

I love a good all american look for Spring and I love this Neilan Woven paired with khakis, dark jeans, or a nice navy blue short:

Billy Reid Neilan Woven

Greg loves a good vintage t-shirt, so much so that I think it's time to go thru his t-shirt drawer again, as I noticed it's overflowing. He loves the vintage tees at Billy Reid, and I know this Make Cornbread not War shirt will find it's way into his drawer this Spring:

Make Cornbread Not War Vintage Tee

The nice thing about the vintage tees, is you can still pull off a polished look with a pair of colored bottoms or dark jeans and a nice chukka boot or oxford.

Now on to colored bottoms.. The one way I was able to get Greg into some colored bottoms this Fall was by introducing him to the AG Protege Slim Straight. He LOVES these pants, so much so we had to go back and get more :)... It's a nice pant and you can easily dress it up or down.  They have some great colors out for Spring, although he has pretty much shot down the colors I would like for him to incorporate :).

AG Protege Slim Straight

I love the mint colorway shown with a chambray shirt or even the vintage cornbread tee. However, I think it's going to be a struggle to get mint into our house, so the other colors I'm going to try are the oceanic and misty rose.. 

As I mentioned up top, printed bottoms are big in shorts this year along with bright colored shorts. I have listed a few of my favorites below:

Vineyard Vines Gingham Shorts

Vince Trouser Shorts

I love the color on these Vince Shorts, but I know Greg will not go for it..

Ralph Lauren Floral Shorts

I LOVE these floral shorts, but again not sure I could even get him to try these on :)..

There are some great casual knits out there and here are a couple of my favorites:

Burberry Brit Stripe Tee

Stripes are a big trend again for Spring.. I liked this one because of the solid pocket, which adds a nice contrast to the stripe.


These casual Lacoste tees are a staple in our household and great for weekend attire. There are so many colors offered, but I love this blue:

Lacoste V Neck Tee

Last but not least, Footwear... My go to piece of footwear for Spring for any man is a good driver.. It's the ultimate shoe for any man in that it can be worn with just about any outfit :).

Here are some of my favorites:

Billy Reid Driving Loafer
I love the color of this loafer, it's a color but is also a great neutral.

To Boot Watson Driver

To Boot is the choice of footwear in our household.. According to Greg, it's a great shoe made in Italy and extremely comfortable.. 

Colehaan also has a great driver and it's under $200:

Colehaan Air Grant Loafer


I didn't mean to make this such a long blog post, but as I mentioned above I do love to shop for Men's Clothes!

Happy Hump Day! I was hoping we were turning the corner to Spring, but woke up this am to white stuff on the ground again :(!! Jealous of all my friends and family back in Dallas where I see the high is almost 70 today and you have a big yellow sun next to the temp!

JNK

No comments:

Post a Comment